Thursday, April 30, 2009

Teach, Evolve, Need

What a strange week this has been. I woke up at 6:30 on Monday as always bracing myself for this week, but overall it hasn't been that bad. Each day has gone by slowly and I've gone to sleep every night wondering what I've done each day, feeling incredibly unfulfilled. Whenever I have time on my hands there's a set list of things that I've planned on doing for the last month, that I always think I'll finally get around to when I have time on my hands. Well, I've had time this week, and once again I haven't checked anything off that list, so I think I've given up. I'm fine with it, personally I'm done writing letters that I'll never send and thinking grandiose things that will never really happen. I've finally gotten closure with a couple of things, so I'm looking forward to my summer in Boston which should be filled with work, fun, and new friends. It's too bad that I look at my freshman year of college this way, but I'm just excited to leave it behind and get going with this summer and with the rest of my life.

I know it's probably seen as immature, but I think instead of dwelling on everything that's plagued me this semester, I'm just going to drop everything, leave the burden behind, and start fresh. Right now, that seems like the only way.

Anyways, today has been probably the most relaxed of the whole lot this week. It's the first day I can remember in an incredibly long time where I had absolutely zero obligations, so I slept in and then got lunch, and watched Quarantine with Adam, which was surprisingly scary. Since then I've just been lounging about, and now I'm listening to the new Chariot album. I've been revisiting a lot of bands that were important to me when I was a little bit younger lately, like As Cities Burn, The Chariot, etc., and it's always such a strange experience to listen to a band and have them seem like they've changed so much, when at the end of the day it's really you that's changed. I feel like AFI is one of the only bands that will feel emotionally relevant to me at any and every point in my life. Last night the lab went bowling (surprisingly, incredibly fun), and afterwards I went out and got Indian food with Jon, Jordana, and Rebecca. We had some excellent conversations and got to know each other on a completely different level, which was kind of depressing considering the fact that I may never see Jordana again in my life. But, I'll be working with Jon and Rebecca again next year, which I'm happy about.

I planned on finding a way to see New Found Glory and Set Your Goals tonight, but it's most likely sold out and the people at the House of Blues box office were being dicks, so I decided to cut my losses there. If I did go I would have gone with Max and Eric and all of them, and yet it's now 8pm and none of them have called me. I wonder if they really count me as a friend, or if I'm just some kid who's good at guitar who's helping them get a band going. I don't know, hopefully I'll be able to hang out with them a lot this summer. Tomorrow I'm seeing Now, Now Every Children though, which I couldn't be more psyched for. I'm really in the mood for a good show.

Now the sun's making it's final descent outside. Another day, over.

No comments:

Post a Comment