Friday, May 15, 2009

Family Tree

So, the last few days since I've gotten back have been quite interesting. My last night at Tufts was pretty insane; I'm pretty sure that every single person that was still at Tufts packed their delirious and excited bodies inside of both towers of Sophia Gordon, where a great amount of fun was had. I'm not sure if I've ever seen so many people packed into that small of a space. The next day, around afternoon I came home, where I was met by my parents, who had Chikfila with them. Mmm, lovely. I got a haircut that day (pictures later possibly, I've spent every night since then cutting more off in certain places) and I spent most of my first 2 days just hanging out with my parents and my dogs, catching up on sleep and reading. It was really really great, and much needed.

Then I went back to Boston for a day, where I had my fMRI training class at the Northwest science building at Harvard and then spent the day at the lab I'll be working at this summer at Harvard. I can't really describe how that was, it just got me so insanely excited for this summer and also the work I'll be doing in the years to come. It's always great to continually get that sense of validation, that I'm doing what I'm meant to do.

The day after I came back to Virginia I spent the day with Zach, which was great as always. We went shopping and I enjoyed Hot Topic's surprisingly good and well-priced selection of vinyl; I ended up getting a Hopesfall 10" and Minor Threat's Out of Step, and we spent the rest of the afternoon listening to Hopesfall, playing guitar and looking through old yearbooks. Then we ended up seeing Observe and Report, which was surprisingly funny, albeit a little bit disturbing and a tad depressing. The day after was a little bit more relaxed, although I hung out with Christina for awhile and eventually hung out with Carter and Lauren also, and I had a really good time. I cooked dinner for me and m'parents that night, and then went to the Jubilee with Zach and his nice friend Melody. I got home in time to see the last 10 minutes of the season finale of Greys Anatomy, which had me all teary eyed and emotionally wrecked. I decided to prolong the sentiment by girling out and watching both Love, Actually and the Jane Austen Book Club. Poor me. My movie choice for tonight is The Uninvited, to try to balance it out.

Today I ran errands with my mom all day, finally catching up with Zach this evening to go to Maddy's senior project show, a Cystic Fibrosis benefit show at Cape Henry. It definitely didn't live up to "No Indigo Dunes" standards, but it was great fun. I ripped my shirt from sheer ferociousness while moshing to XPBJX, and got to see some wonderful people. It put me in a weird mood being at school after nearly a year, but all is well. Then I went out and got pizza with Zach and Nick and Jake and Steven and girl-Carter, which was awesome. Zach and I annihilated some bacon pizza, and both of us complained of feeling quite ill on the ride home. Eli called him while we were driving around, and we planned on going to hang out with her, but I guess it didn't work out. So, now I'm laying in bed listening to TV on the Radio and nursing a very full stomach. Off to watch the Uninvited and go to bed. By my logic, I figure even if it's horribly frightening (or just a horribly bad movie) I'll still have nice dreams about Emily Browning. Mmm:


No comments:

Post a Comment