Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Feeling envy for the kid who'll dance despite anything

So it seems about the right time for me to make another post. I've been writing in my personal journal a lot more lately, which I've found to be really helpful and almost cathartic. The last few weeks haven't been the easiest in my life, but I feel like in the process of going through so much emotional distress I've done a lot of rapid growing up. At the end of the day I'm still an ultra-awkward procrastinating college student, but I've been adding a lot of responsibilities to my plate and dealing with everything in stride, and I'm quite proud of myself. I've been making immediate plans for the future, but I feel like they're a lot more mature, less overly idealistic. I feel like the next year of my life has the potential to be liberating and refreshing, a new chapter. I'm just quite excited about everything.
This Friday there was an opportunity to go out to dinner with Dr. Lewis and various Boston-residing Cape Henry alums, but there's a Chemistry review session during that time period so I decided not to go. Normally in a situation like this I just wouldn't go to the review session, but I have to admit that I was hesitant and wary of going out to dinner with all of these people, feeling like it would be awkward seeing them, that they'd be judging my every move or something. Like so many of the things I overanalyze, it was really pretty stupid of me to think. At any rate, I'm going to the Chemistry review session, ha.

In other news, it didn't take long for a clever soul to make a viral YouTube video out of Christian Bale's "fuck"-filled tirade. I'm impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment