Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Today was an unusually busy day, and had its fair share of awkward moments. I slept in until 8 and somehow managed to get on the Joey and get to Newton fast enough to only be 15 minutes late for work. I expected this to be a big deal, but alas, I overestimate my own importance, for nobody noticed at all.
Today at my super-important internship, I stacked some boxes and then finished my reading for two classes. I really wish I was doing more exciting things during the day there; I'd probably be more impelled to enthusiastically jump out of bed on time and rush off to Boston.
Anyways, after drinking 4-5 cups of coffee during the workday, I realized the moment that I stepped on the T that I had to pee worse than I ever have in my life. This situation was worsened by my need to get home fast enough to make it to Computer Science on time, and thus I had to suffer silently for nearly two hours of waiting, riding various forms of public transportation, walking and standing. I'd liken it to having to cheerfully stand around while particularly sadistic animals gnawed at your ankles. It was ridiculous. I finally got to Davis Square only to find that the bathroom at the subway station had blood on the door and caution tape barring my entrance, which was a great new development. So, I rushed into Mr. Crepe and desperately asked the guy behind the counter to give me the key to the guy's bathroom; he did, and I immediately fell in love with him. After breathing the biggest sigh of relief of my life, I bought a vitamin water because I felt bad for just coming in to use the bathroom.
Following this adventure, I had to sit through 3 hours of Computer Science followed by Philosophy. I really tend to dislike everyone in my philosophy class, they all strike me as really quirky pre-law people with thoroughly aggrandized views of their own intelligence/importance. The only exceptions to this real are Bright Eyed Boy With Fro, who seems extremely excited 100% of the time, and Mysterious Spanish Girl, who always asks really cool questions.

At any rate, now that I'm done making my day seem more interesting than it really was, I'm going to do homework until I start hallucinating from lack of sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Shouldn't joke about that, I do it a little more often than I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't even like Guns Up!, shuddyup.

    ReplyDelete