Friday, February 27, 2009

Glad to see you've gotten the desired effects

I survived this week! As small of an accomplishment that may be in the grand scheme of things, I'm incredibly proud of myself for making it through this week. Exactly two weeks until Spring Break, and once I get back from Spring Break I have no idea when I'll be back home, and I'm not-so-secretly loving the uncertainty of it.
This coming week marks the last of the ridiculous midterm stress that I've been facing lately, and then I'll have a week to more-or-less relax until break. Everything has seemed so dramatic over the last week and a half or so; every decision I made or step I took seemed like it was huge and earth-shattering, but for now I'm leaving that behind and living day by day.
I've been really enjoying the walks I've been taking in the park behind the Davis stop, I've been seeing a lot of super random interesting people and just enjoying the time alone to think. Without that sanity check every couple of days or so, I seriously would have broken down this week. But, I haven't, and here I am. Things aren't getting any easier, but they are kind of getting more realistic. Lent started on Wednesday, and despite my own current religious incertitude right now, I'm finding that this is the perfect time to reflect and pick things up.

In other news, I was under the impression that all of my friends were going out of town this weekend, so after I got out of the lab at about 7, I went out and grabbed some sushi and saw a movie by myself, only to come back and find that everyone was still here, and everyone's leaving tomorrow. Bummer, but oh well. Quiet Friday nights have been the usual lately, but hopefully the rest of this weekend will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment