Sunday, March 1, 2009

Do I push it down?

I just have to keep reminding myself that there are ups and downs to everything, and even though right now is certainly a "down" time, things will get better. This next week is going to be ridiculous, but I have a good weekend ahead of me and then I'm essentially home free until spring break. I'm holding my breath, but I think I've already seen that a lot can happen in a little bit of time, so for the moment I'm just choosing to avert my gaze, remain fixed on one thing and finish out this last stretch of time before I go home.
This weekend has been pretty alright, but I really don't feel very much desire to just recapitulate everything here. I'm just tired in a very general sense.
But anyways, today I received two news stories that had really conflicting effects on my faith in society. The first, news that the Jonas Brothers 3-D Concert Experienced had tanked at the box office, instilled some much needed hope. Then of course, I saw this:



Aren't we supposed to be done hearing about police brutality? Sure, I saw this when I was already in a bad mood, but it was completely disgusting to me. I don't really know what to say, about anything. Just kind of speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment