Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Joanna Newsom


So, just a brief post to let you know that the lovely Joanna Newsom has finally emerged from a quiet year of not doing too much, debuting a few new songs this weekend, performing as "The Beatles's". If this is a sign that we'll be getting a new album out of her this year, then 2009 may just be my perfect year for music. Her 2006 album, Ys was easily my favorite record of 2006 (in close competition with tvotr's Return to Cookie Mountain), and I'll be expecting nothing less from her new material.

In depth descriptions via the awesome Naturalismo.

PS, I have absolutely no intention of making this a music blog, but it's also worthy to note that this week has already been a HUGE news week for music, so I'll probably update with a big post later about other things I'm buzzing with excitement about.

No comments:

Post a Comment