Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Back

Hi. Hey! How are you? I've been without a computer for a few days, and have been passing my time doing other things (reading, tending to the massive amount of summer homework I have) and have been overall enjoying myself. I really like the apartment I'm living in - despite my modern furnishings I can very well see each room of the house playing a role in some sort of film about college students in the 40's. Lots of aged wood, white walls, and old-fashioned furnaces. It's pretty snazzy.

Of course, now that I have my computer back, everyone following me on twitter has a chance for me to significantly annoy them again, so hooray for that. I know this probably seems scatterbrained, but there's just so much on my mind lately. Everything going on right now definitely has the makings of a very positive, productive summer, and I'm quite excited about it.

******************************************


In music news, ex-Be Your Own Pet vocalist/awesome human being Jemina Pearl's solo project has finally released some material on her myspace, and you can read all about the crazy, drunken, fun-filled recording process at her blog. Her voice is a little bit less gritty and a lot more melodic in these recordings, although one downside of that is that she's lacking the throaty, Kim Gordon-esque wail that made her stand out so much in Be Your Own Pet. The songs are great though, a little bit of garage rock, a little bit of surf punk, AKA they're fun and you should listen to them.

******************************************

And on a final, parting note:



You don't have to know me very well to know how excited I am for this movie. Judge it as you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment