Thursday, February 12, 2009


So, my prophecies were correct: I've been spending most of the day so far drowning in multiple hoodies and blankets and eating oranges and watching Fight Club.
The whole sitting in my room/being completely sedentary thing has set my mind surprisingly at ease, and I'm for once able to look forward to New York and to next week, which should doubtlessly be less stressful than this one.
In the meantime, I came across a great new band, Spiritual Mansions, who are releasing their album "Touched" on Minneapolis label Afternoon Records, the fellow home of my recent obsessions Now, Now Every Children.
I first came across them on a sampler, and I just kind of got the My Morning Jacket vibe and shrugged them off, but upon more listens I've come to really like them, and I'm sure they'll be keeping me company all afternoon. If you want to learn about more music like this, you should check out this pretty awesome blog, Minneapolis Fucking Rocks, which basically documents all of the awesome stuff going on in Minneapolis, which is quickly forming an incredible independent music scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment